Nutmeg Pure Essential Oil – 10ml
The word ‘Nutmeg’ originates from Latin – nux and muscada (translating to ‘musky nut’) and it has a mystical and fascinating history.
The Nutmeg tree (Myristica fragrans) originates from the secluded Banda Islands of Indonesia. Due to its primary constituent, Myristicin, many claimed that ingesting Nutmeg could induce hallucinations, euphoria, and paranoia!
Nutmeg later entered European trading, and only the well-off could afford to spend lavishly to experience its earthy, spicy-sweet taste and scent. When medieval doctors claimed that it could be the antidote to the Black Death pandemic, prices for the already-expensive spice soared exorbitantly. The battle over Nutmeg intensified in the 1600s, when the Dutch began the infamous ‘Nutmeg Wars’ on the soils of the Banda Islands, only ending after the English invaded the region and successfully re-distributed the seeds towards East Asia.
4 in stock
Uses & Benefits:
Nutmeg was regarded as something of a mystical spice; it was believed to possess aphrodisiac, hypnotic powers as well as good fortune to those who used it.
In China, India, and the Middle East, it was used to induce sexual arousal, revive marriages and help with fertility!
A popular sports science consultant in Malaysia, Mr. Fadhil Omar makes use of Nutmeg essential oil on stroke patients as well as for sports injuries.
When he worked with Chelsea Football Club, he said “Nutmeg oil used to be very costly and it was only utilized to treat members of royal families. I spent three months in India studying the usage of nutmeg. It is obviously very good for muscle cramps and stiffness of joints.”
- Characteristics: Sweet, Earthy, and Spicy Scent.
- Country Of Origin: India
- Nett Volume: 10ml
- To induce peaceful sleep: Add 2 drops to a cloth beside your pillow.
- To de-stress: Add two drops in a diffuser.
- To help with respiratory problems: Use in a steam inhalation to address congestion.
- To promote appetite, use of 2-3 drops in the diffuser.
- To reduce pain, use 2-3 drops in a carrier oil and massage on affected area.
- For circulatory health, combine 2-3 drops in the carrier oil and massage throughout the body.
- To revive after a fainting spell, utilize 2-3 drops on a cotton ball or handkerchief.
- For nervous fatigue, use 2-3 drops in the diffuser, or add 8-10 drops in bathwater.
- For libido, add 6-8 drops in a bath.
- To treat digestive problems: Add 5 to 6 drops of the oil in warm bath water or blend 3 drops with a carrier oil and utilize as massage oil.
- To enhance concentration and memory: Add 2 drops on the cloth and inhale.